Thursday 13 September 2012

So today I got annoyed...

I was playing basketball at this regular session I've been going to over summer. Usual rules, full court, 5 v 5. It's good for conditioning and the level is okay, so I usually enjoy it.

This was not to be the case today. I realised after my team lost our first game that there may be a problem. I had picked a team with an incredibly idiotic, annoying, foolish, selfish team-mate.

Now, basketball is a game where you get often get praised for the things you do with a ball in your hands. People celebrate a dunk, a pretty pass, or a nice dribble move. So naturally, people focus on these things. I understand that. What I can't stand is a selfish player who has no end product. This guy would dribble for 35 seconds, by which point no one really cares what he does, then shoots a 3 pointer that would more often than not end up missing the rim completely. We lost. 5 times. In a row. It didn't take too long for me to feel like this...















...and some of this (don't ask where I got these from)

















Needless to say I didn't enjoy basketball much today, but I did remember something...

If I want to be successful at trading, I'm going to have to learn to not get upset at losing. There will be times I will lose money, although the ultimate goal is to make a lot more than I lose. However if I am unable to control my emotions (especially negative ones) whilst I'm trading, I will make stupid choices based on feeling rather than thought, and that would be the key to wasting a lot of money on what is an investment in my future.

So the moral of the story is, I need to learn to control my emotions better...or pick better team-mates!

I should however say, that not all selfish players are bad...case in point:

                         (How you gonna pass to yourself and STILL score?!)


Thanks for reading,

Jr

twitter.com/jr_dot

No comments:

Post a Comment